To root the Singaporean version of Galaxy Tab, follow these steps:
1) Connect your galaxy tab with debugging mode disabled and sync with Kies even once – You must be damn sure Kies can connect to your phone
2) Disconnect it and enable debugging mode from Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
3) Connect the tab again to PC and click on home button so that Tab comes out of Kies connection – I found that after USB Debugging is turn off, Kies can still find your phone but it will just appear as Connecting… on the top left hand side of Kies. (I left my Kies on throughout the process)
4) Launch SuperOneClick.exe
5) Click on root and wait for 5-10 Mins – it stated 5 – 10 min but it took like 5 – 10 sec for SuperOneClick to prompt me saying that device is rooted.
1) Kies Software downloaded from HERE and installed and Tab connected even once
2) USB debugging enabled
3) SuperOnceClick downloaded from HERE
Thanks Tim for the tip!