Samsung recently rolled out Android 4.2.2 for the Galaxy Tab 2 8.0 P3110, P3113 and P3100 users. This guide will help you to root your Tab 2 7.0. Keep in mind that Android 4.2.2 requires an updated busybox and root package, so the root procedure for Android 4.2.1 or 4.1.1 will not work.
- Make sure Kies is Closed
- Download this file and copy the zip file to your Tab 2 7.0
- Disconnect the Tab from your PC
- Restart your Tab in Download Mode (Power Off Tab then Hold Volume Down and Power Button)
- Open Odin [download link] and UNCHECK "Auto Reboot" only
- Download CWM recovery image. If you are using P3113, get this; P3110 get this and if you are on P3100, get this. Click the PDA button and find the CWM Tar file and select it (DO NOT HIT START YET)
- Plug in your Tab to the PC at which point the first "ID:COM" box should turn yellow and the Message windows should read "Added"
- Now, Hit Start
- When Completed the "ID:COM" Box should turn Green and right above it it should say "Pass"
- **Now the Following 3 Steps are Crucial, so read them carefully**
- Disconnect the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 from your PC
- Hold down THE POWER BUTTON ONLY so the Tab will Turn Off
- Restart the Tab in Recovery Mode (Hold Volume Up and Power Button), this should get you into CWM
- In CWM, Select "Install Zip from SDCard" and find the Gtab2 JB Rooter zip file and install it
- Select "Go Back+++" and then "Reboot Device"
- At this Time, CWM will ask if you want to prevent the OS from Removing CMW, "SELECT YES"
- That’s it. When your Tab Starts up, you will have SuperSU installed, Open it, Update it, whatever you want.
If you are on Android 4.1.1, follow steps given here http://galaxytabblog.com/jelly-bean-2-7-0-p3100-p3113-root/