TWRP for Xiaomi Mi Max is available for download and that lets you install custom ROMs on your android phone with ease. There is no official changelog available for this v3 version but it is working like a charm on the Xiaomi Mi Max. Installation instructions are given below.
Download and install miphone drivers from here.
Unlock bootloader from official website. Then, save the img file to your memory card and reboot to recovery and then select img instead of flash zip in TWRP option.
New features added in it are mentioned below.
* identifies and sets appropriate device props at boot time.
* enable/disable navbar in General Settings which automatically rearranges theme elements for the screen with/out navbar. The extra space is nice.
* enable/disable device capacitive buttons in General Settings.
* brightness control slider 0-100% for capacitive button’s backlight in Screen Settings.
* Reset Lockscreen feature in Advanced. No more “can’t unlock my phone after backup restore.”